Skip to content

Miganie

Fresh News From the USA Since 2020

Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Local
  • Entertainment
  • Royal Family
  • Health
  • Local

“He’s a Fighter, He’ll Get Through This”: Stepfather Charged After Stabbing 6-Year-Old Cancer Survivor

Jim Sturgess 3 months ago

Korbins Journey/Facebook

A Louisiana stepfather has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly stabbing his 6-year-old stepson, a brain cancer survivor, multiple times during a violent domestic dispute that left the boy fighting for his life.

The 37-year-old suspect, whose name is being withheld to protect the child’s identity, faces eight counts of attempted first-degree murder, domestic abuse battery with child endangerment, aggravated assault, and resisting arrest, according to the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office.

“It was deemed that all eight of the occupants of the home were threatened with extreme violence,” deputies stated after upgrading the charges. The attack occurred on June 1 during a domestic altercation between the boy’s mother and stepfather, who were home with their seven children. Authorities say the stepfather stabbed the 6-year-old in the face, neck, and chest, per WBRZ.

First responders found the child “bleeding severely from numerous lacerations,” Maj. Mark LeBlanc told KPLC. The boy was rushed to a hospital before being airlifted to another facility for emergency treatment.

A Child Who Already Overcame So Much

The young victim had previously battled a life-threatening brain tumor, diagnosed in 2022. His grandmother, Norma Modglin, emphasized his fragile condition, telling KATC, “He was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor that was so deep, when it was removed, he lost all mobility on the left side of his body. He could not walk.”

Despite surviving cancer, the boy now faces another grueling recovery. His father revealed that one stab wound narrowly missed his heart, and he suffered a brain hemorrhage requiring surgery.

“He’s a fighter, he’ll get through this as well,” his grandfather, Hal Modglin, told KLFY.

Stepfather Was a High School Teacher

The accused, a teacher at Sulphur High School, has been placed on administrative leave, KADN reported. Meanwhile, the boy’s family has shifted their Facebook page, once dedicated to his cancer journey, to provide updates on his latest fight for survival.

St. Landry Parish, where the attack occurred, is located about 65 miles west of Baton Rouge. The investigation remains ongoing as the community rallies behind the young survivor.

Continue Reading

Previous: “Life in Prison Is Too Good for This Kind of Evil”: Florida Man Sentenced for Murder of 2-Year-Old Girl
Next: “He Lived Life With a Fearless Spirit”: 6-Year-Old Illinois Boy Dies After Allegedly Inhaling Helium from Birthday Balloon

Related Stories

Illinois Man Accused of Secretly Giving Girlfriend Abortion Pills, Causing Miscarriage Emerson Evans
  • Local

Illinois Man Accused of Secretly Giving Girlfriend Abortion Pills, Causing Miscarriage

5 days ago
Louisiana Man Indicted for Allegedly Stabbing Beloved Teacher’s Mother as She Slept Man Indicted for Allegedly Stabbing Beloved Teacher
  • Local

Louisiana Man Indicted for Allegedly Stabbing Beloved Teacher’s Mother as She Slept

1 week ago
Colorado Man Turns Himself In After Fatally Shooting Wife and Dumping Body by Pond Jian Chan and Stephen Chan
  • Local

Colorado Man Turns Himself In After Fatally Shooting Wife and Dumping Body by Pond

1 week ago

Recent Posts

  • “A Foreign Influence Operation”: JD Vance Explodes Over Politico Report Targeting Trump Peace Envoy Steve Witkoff
  • Katy Perry Seeks $5 Million in Damages After Judge Rules Westcott Was “Coherent, Engaged, Lucid, and Rational” in Mansion Deal
  • Kate Middleton’s “Outlook Has Changed” as She Makes Intentional Return to Public Duties After Cancer Treatment
  • “Instead of Being a Point of Pride”: Trump Administration Seizes Control of D.C.’s Union Station After Officials Heckled
  • Illinois Man Accused of Secretly Giving Girlfriend Abortion Pills, Causing Miscarriage
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Use
  • DMCA
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Convo Corp
650 B Fremont Avenue | 343 Los Altos, California 94024 | +1 800-898-0360 | Copyright © Miganie/Convo Group