
(Bexar County Sheriff's Office)
A Texas mother already accused of helping her teenage son plan a mass shooting at a San Antonio middle school is now facing new charges for allegedly pointing a shotgun at an 11-month-old baby girl. Ashley Pardo, 33, was first arrested on May 12 and charged with aiding in the commission of terrorism after allegedly buying her 13-year-old son tactical gear and ammunition.
Police said the boy, who was fascinated with mass shootings and white supremacists, was taken into custody near Rhodes Middle School, where he allegedly planned to carry out the attack. He remains in custody.
According to an arrest affidavit obtained by KSAT, investigators uncovered a March 2023 cellphone photo that appeared to show Pardo aiming a shotgun at a baby girl’s head while her finger was on the trigger as the child reached toward the barrel. The photo was allegedly sent to the baby’s father with the chilling message: “Tell her to keep being bad.”
Police say the disturbing image was discovered during the ongoing investigation into Pardo’s original charges. The affidavit also stated that Pardo called the baby a “brat” in messages to the child’s father.
Pardo was arrested again on Thursday and charged with abandoning or endangering a child with criminal negligence. She appeared before a magistrate judge Friday, who issued a $45,000 bond and ordered her to have no contact with her children. She had previously been out on partial house arrest after posting a $75,000 bond in connection with her son’s alleged plot.
Her 13-year-old son, initially charged with terrorism, is now facing a charge of possessing a prohibited weapon. Authorities have said he could face additional charges as the investigation continues.
Police reports detail troubling behavior leading up to his arrest, including “concerning drawings” depicting Rhodes Middle School with a muzzle flash and a “suicide route.” He was suspended in April and transferred to an alternative school after being caught searching the 2019 New Zealand mosque shootings on his school-issued computer.
On the day of his May arrest, the teen reportedly told his grandmother he was “going to be famous.” Police also claimed that Pardo “expressed to the school her support” for her son’s “violent expressions and drawings.” Both mother and son remain under investigation as prosecutors consider additional charges in the case.
READ NEXT
- “A Foreign Influence Operation”: JD Vance Explodes Over Politico Report Targeting Trump Peace Envoy Steve Witkoff
- Katy Perry Seeks $5 Million in Damages After Judge Rules Westcott Was “Coherent, Engaged, Lucid, and Rational” in Mansion Deal
- Kate Middleton’s “Outlook Has Changed” as She Makes Intentional Return to Public Duties After Cancer Treatment
- “Instead of Being a Point of Pride”: Trump Administration Seizes Control of D.C.’s Union Station After Officials Heckled
- Illinois Man Accused of Secretly Giving Girlfriend Abortion Pills, Causing Miscarriage